Storage Area Networks: Meeting the Needs
of Big Data and Major Infrastructure
Data storage has come a long way. Magnetic tape was first invented back in 1951, triggering a data storage revolution. By the mid-50s, IBM had invented the first-ever hard drive which took up almost an entire room – back then, big was beautiful. But as the technologies we use have advanced, so too has the volume and complexity of data produced and that has forced a rethink in data storage. Storage Area Networks (SAN) present a new option for surveillance data storage. This white paper takes an in-depth look at SAN's and covers:
- Current storage options for video surveillance.
- The key features of a SAN.
- How SAN compares to Direct and Network Attached Storage.
- Security considerations and the emergence of cloud storage.
- Why Big Data is going to keep growing.
With data storage one size does not fit all, download this essential
guide that will help you decide on the right storage solution for your operation.
Download your copy now: